W. H. "Howie" McClennan Scholarship
The W. H. “Howie” McClennan Scholarship provides financial assistance for sons, daughters or legally adopted children of fire fighters killed in the line of duty.
You may attend any accredited school in the United States or Canada.
A minimum satisfactory academic performance of a C grade (2.0 on a 4.0 scale) is required for all scholarship recipients.
- Applicants must indicate financial need, aptitude promise and demonstrate academic achievement.
- Applicants must provide a transcript of grades along with recommendations from two teachers.
- Applicants must also provide a brief statement (about 200 words) indicating their reasonsfor wanting to continue their education.
- Those students eligible include sons, daughters or legally adopted children of Fire Fighters who died in the line of duty.
- The applicant’s parent must have been a member in good standing of the International Association of Fire Fighters, AFL-CIO-CLC at the time of death.