Toshiba/NSTA ExploraVision Awards Program
The Toshiba/NSTA ExploraVision Awards Program encourages students to explore a vision of future technology by combining their imaginations with the tools of science. In order to compete you need a teacher to sponsor you and a group of 2 – 4 students.
Your task is to select a technology and try to imagine what it will be like 20 years down the road. In addition, you need to think about what aspects of science or technology need to change in order for the changes to become possible. Finally, you need to develop a report that shares your predictions.
- Present technology: 10 points
- History: 10 points
- Future technology: 20 points
- Breakthroughs: 15 points
- Design process: 10 points
- Consequences: 10 points
- Bibliography: 5 points
- Sample Web pages: 20 points
- All entrants must be United States or Canadian citizens or legal residents, living within the United States, U.S. Territories or Canada and enrolled full-time in a public, private or home school
- Students must be no older than 21 years of age
- National Science Teachers Association employees, NSTA board members, ExploraVision judges and their respective families are not eligible to enter the competition
- Any project that has won at ExploraVision's regional and/or national levels may not be re-submitted in future years
- Any project previously awarded a prize in another competition may not be submitted