Susan G. Komen for the Cure College Scholarship Program
This scholarship has been discontinued.
The Susan G. Komen for the Cure College Scholarship Program to help students who find attending college a significant financial burden due to the loss of a parent or guardian to breast cancer or their own breast cancer diagnosis at age 25 or younger.
The recipient receives a scholarship of $10,000 a year for up to four years to attend a state university in pursuit of a baccalaureate degree. Scholarship recipients are selected based on scholastic achievement, community service, financial need and demonstrated leadership potential.
Applicants must meet all of the following criteria to be eligible for this scholarship:
• Must have lost a parent/guardian to breast cancer
• OR Must be a breast cancer survivor diagnosed at 25 years or younger
• Must be a high school senior, college freshman, sophomore or junior
• Must plan to attend a state-supported college or university in the state where they permanently reside (students in Washington DC can attend state-supported schools in Maryland or Virginia)
• Must have a high school and/or college GPA of 2.8 on a 4.0 scale
• Must be no older than 25 years old by May 2012
• Must be a U.S. citizen, or documented permanent resident of the U.S. (or US Territory)
• Never at any time have been subject to any disciplinary action by any institution or entity, including, but not limited to, any educational or law enforcement agency
• Must be a driven advocate for breast cancer education and research who is able to complete a minimum of 20 hours of community service per semester