Stephen J. Brady Stop Hunger Scholarships
The Sodexo Foundation was created to end childhood hunger in America. They sponsor the Stephen J. Brady Stop Hunger Scholarships which are given to students who have made a significant impact in the fight against hunger. The scholarship recipients each receive $5,000 for their education as well as a matching grant in their name for the hunger-related charity of their choice.
You must have demonstrated on-going commitment to your community by performing unpaid volunteer services impacting hunger in the United States at least within the last 12 months. Added consideration is given if you are working to fight childhood hunger.
- Applicant must be enrolled in an accredited educational institution (kindergarten through graduate school) in the United States.
- Applicant must have demonstrated on-going commitment to their community by performing unpaid volunteer services impacting hunger in the United States within the last 12 months.
- Applicant must be citizens or permanent resident of the United States.
- Volunteer services performed by applicant must help non-family members.
- If applicant is selected as a potential national Stephen J. Brady Stop Hunger Scholarship recipient or regional Stephen J. Brady Stop Hunger Honoree, in order to be confirmed as a winner, the student's parent or legal guardian must sign an Affidavit of Eligibility and Assignment of Rights.
- Scholarship funds awarded to winners must be used for tuition and related fees, books, supplies, and equipment required for courses at an accredited post-secondary education institution.