2015 Smithsonian Magazine's Annual Photo Contest
Are you constantly taking photos? Is your camera always ready for action? Here’s a great photography contest for those of you over 18 years old. This is Smithsonian Magazine's Annual Photo Contest.
What are the competition rules?
- You must submit your entry by November 30, 2015
- You must be 18 years old or older.
- You must enter in one of the six photography contests areas (it’s like six photography contests in one).
- The Natural World: Animals, plants and landscapes; geological or climatological features; and scientific processes and endeavors.
- Travel: Locales, peoples or activities in the United States and abroad that convey a sense of place.
- People: Individuals from all walks of life.
- The American Experience: Events, objects or activities connecting the American people to their history or their cultural heritage; photographs that tell us what it means to be an American and provide a sense of what it is like to live in this country.
- Altered Images: Photographs manipulated for artistic purposes by applying digital and/or traditional special effects (i.e. colorizing, toning, collage, photo composites, HDR, etc.).
- Mobile Photos: Photographs taken with a phone or tablet.
The grand prize is $2500. Both category winners and the readers’ choice winner will receive $500. There are also monthly prizes of $100.