Skandalaris Family Foundation Scholarship
The Skandalaris Family Foundation is an independent, non-profit foundation that awards scholarships to students characterized by their special talents, leadership skills, unselfish ways, strong values, and commitment to excellence. The majority of their scholarships will be granted to residents of the State of Michigan, but the scholarship is not limited to Michigan residents.
A selection committee reviews the completed applications. Recipients are chosen based on the following factors, grade point average, achievement test scores, essay, accomplishments outside of the classroom, and future potential, with some consideration for financial need. There is an emphasis on each individual's character.
- A high school senior anticipating graduation during the 2011-2012 school year, with a minimum 3.5 GPA;
- Involvement in school, athletic and community service;
- A minimum ACT score of 27 and/or SAT score of 1800 (includes writing section);
- Enrolled in an accredited United States college or university for the 2012-2013 school year;
- A Citizen of the United States.