Say No to Bullying Contest
Bullying, you’ve read about it, seen it and perhaps even experienced it. It goes on in every school. So Energize Students has established a Say No to Bullying Contest. To participate, you need to create a video of 4 minutes or less with a scripted scene about bullying and a realistic solution to the situation. The video must include a scene, storyline, or parody that encompasses what bullying is about, how devastating it can be to others and what you would do to make a stand against bullying.
They suggest the following questions to think about for your video:
- What is your idea to end bullying?
- If you've ever been bullied, how did it make you feel?)
- What program could you implement to deter bullying?
- How would you organize people to stand up against bullying?
- Excuses need to stop! (e.g. Kids will be kids, boys will be boys, kids can just be cruel at that age, what can I possibly do to help?
- Ask yourself, if someone were to watch my video, would they understand what my video was about?
- You Tube some anti-bullying campaign videos to help develop an idea. (e.g. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_WYSu7Kt0mE)
“It is estimated that 160,000 children miss school every day due to fear of attack or intimidation by other students." Source: National Education Association
- You must be a US Citizen or US legal resident.
- You must be between the ages of 14 and 19 (college freshman and sophomores are eligible if they meet the age requirements)