RMHC U.S. Scholarships
The Ronald McDonald House Charities (RMHC) has a stated goal to support programs that directly improve the health and well being of children. One of the programs they sponsor is the RMHC/Scholars program, a scholarship program for students with financial need who have demonstarted academic acievement, leadership and community involvement.
There must be a participating chapter of RMHC in your area for you to be eligible. They offer four different scholarships (although students must select one to participate in). In addition, not all chapters sponsor all four scholarships, the list indicates which scholarships are sponsored.
The scholarships are:
RMHC®/Scholars: All students are eligible to apply regardless of race, color, creed, religion, sexual orientation, gender, disability or national origin.
RMHC®/Asia: Applicant must have at least one parent of Asian-Pacific heritage.
RMHC®/African-American Future Achievers: Applicant must have at least one parent of African American or Black Caribbean heritage.
RMHC®/HACER®: Applicant must have at least one parent of Hispanic/Latino heritage.
Don't miss another scholarship! Subscribe to the free monthly newsletter and get scholarship information delivered directly to you (click this link).
To apply for an RMHC scholarship, a student must:
- Be a high school senior
- Be younger than 21 years old
- Be eligible to attend a two- or four-year college, university or technical school with a full course of study
- Be a legal U.S. resident
- Live in a participating RMHC Chapter’s geographic area
- Submit a complete application and all required documentation by the deadline on the application
- Meet any additional eligibility requirements outlined by each scholarship program
- Provide verification of enrollment each year at respective accredited post-secondary institution