NPG Essay Scholarship Contest
Negative Population Growth (NPG) is a national membership organization whose goal is to educate the American public and political leaders about the detrimental effects of overpopulation on our environment, resources and quality of life. One of the ways they do this is with their Annual Scholarship Contest.
- Applicant must be a U.S. Citizen or legal permanent resident.
- Applicant must be a senior in high school or a college freshman, sophomore or junior in an undergraduate program.
- Applicant must be attending a school within the United States, or operated overseas by the U.S. government.
- Winners must be enrolled in a college or university for the 2013 fall semester. All scholarships are paid directly to the school to be applied to the account of the winner.
- The essay should be between 500 and 750 words, in 12-14 pt. font, printed single sided on multiple 8.5 x 11 inch white paper. Title and works cited are not required and not included in the word count.
- Applicant must sign and date the enclosed application. Parent or Guardian signature is required if under 18.
- Relatives of employees or directors of NPG are not eligible. Not valid where prohibited.
- Only one entry per student. If you would like proof that your essay has arrived, please provide a self-addressed, stamped envelope with your application and essay.
- All Entries must be received by April 23, 2013. Those postmarked prior to due date, but received after the deadline will NOT be accepted.
- All entries must be mailed to NPG • PO Box 1265 • Teaneck, NJ 07666