NPG 2016 Written Advertisement Scholarship Contest
Negative Population Growth (NPG) is a national membership organization whose goal is to educate the American public and political leaders about the detrimental effects of overpopulation on our environment, resources and quality of life. One of the ways they do this is with their Annual Scholarship Contest.
To enter you must Create a Written Advertisement appropriate for a magazine or newspaper. Ads must be at least 100 words but not more than 200 words. Your ad should persuade the general public to support programs that are designed to slow, halt, and eventually reverse U.S. population growth.
Don't miss another scholarship! Subscribe to the free monthly newsletter and get scholarship information delivered directly to you (send email to ScholarshipMentor(at)gmail.com).
- Applicant must be a U.S. Citizen or legal permanent resident.
- Applicant must be a senior in high school or a college freshman, sophomore, or junior enrolled in an official undergraduate program of study for the fall 2016 semester. Applicant must be 14 years old or older.
- Applicant must be currently enrolled in or attending an accredited school within the United States, or operated overseas by the U.S. government, for the Fall 2016 semester.
- To be considered, submission must be complete and include the entrant’s name, address, email, and telephone number. (Full criteria and submission instructions available at www.NPG.org.)
- No purchase or contribution is required for entry. Neither membership in nor contributions to NPG will enhance the chances of winning.
- Advertisement should be between 100 and 200 words, in 12-14 pt. font, printed, single-sided pages of 8.5 x 11 inch white paper. Title and works cited are not required, and are not to be included in word count. Finalists will need to supply MS Word or Plain Text (.txt) file document of their advertisement.
- Emailed or faxed Ads will NOT be accepted.
- Applicant must sign and date the Application Form. (A parent or guardian signature is also required for all applicants under 18.)
- Relatives of employees or directors of NPG are not eligible.
- Not valid where prohibited.
- Only one entry per student. If you would like proof that your ad has arrived, please provide a self-addressed, stamped envelope along with your ad submission.
- Entries must be received by April 22, 2016. Those postmarked prior to due date but received after the deadline will NOT be accepted.
- Entries must be submitted via mail to: NPG Scholarship Contest ?O. Box 1265 ? Teaneck, NJ 07666. Please note, UPS and FedEx will not deliver to a P.O. Box.
- Follow submission instructions carefully to ensure your entry is accepted for consideration. Partial submissions, submissions that do not meet specified criteria, and submissions that do not include all material (ad and signed Application) will NOT be accepted. Staple application and ad together to ensure documents remain secure.