National Restaurant Association Educational Foundation Scholarship Program
National Restaurant Association Educational Foundation (NRAEF) Scholarship Program is for students who plan to study culinary arts, restaurant management, or some other foodservice related major. To be a successful candidate you need to write a personal statement about your career goals in the restaurant/foodservice industry and have industry related experience. Community service or leadership roles will be considered as well.
- Presentation (spelling, punctuation, grammar, etc.)
- Essays (quality of writing, word count, etc)
- Industry related work experience
- Strength of the letters of recommendation
- Foodservice certificates such as the ProStart National Certificate of Achievement
- Be a citizen or permanent resident?of the United States of America
- Be a first-time freshman. This includes:
o Graduating high school seniors (You must have graduated from high school by August 2016)
o GED graduates enrolling in college for the first time.
o High school graduates enrolling in college for the first time.
- Be accepted and plan to enroll in a U.S. accredited culinary school, college or university. You must:
o Enroll as a full-time or substantial part-time student taking a minimum of 9 credit hours each term.
o Major in culinary, restaurant management, or other foodservice related major.
o Plan to remain in school for at least two consecutive terms
- Complete the application on your own. This is a merit-based scholarship, therefore, only the eligible student/applicant may complete the application packet.