LIFE Lessons Scholarship Program
The LIFE Lessons Scholarship Program is for students who have experienced the death of a parent or legal guardian.
When you loose a parent it can have a serious impact on your development. There are emotional and financial stresses and a real sense of loss. Although this scholarship can't take away the pain, it will help reduce the financial stress.
In 500 words or less or a 3 minute video, please discuss how the death of your parent or guardian affected your life financially and emotionally. Be sure to describe how the loss of your parent/guardian impacted your college plans (e.g., your ability to afford college, attend the college of your choice, etc). Explain how the lack of adequate life insurance coverage (or no coverage at all) impacted your family’s financial situation. Comment specifically on how things might have turned out differently for you and your family if the person who died had adequate life insurance coverage. Also indicate what you have done to provide for yourself and/or other family members because of financial challenges your family has faced.
- You must be a legal residents of the fifty (50) United States, the District of Columbia and Puerto Rico,
- You must be between 17 and 24 years of age,
- You must have experienced the death of a parent or legal guardian,
- You must be currently enrolled in, or have been accepted to, a college, university or trade school within the fifty (50) United States, the District of Columbia or Puerto Rico.
- A minor should have a parent’s or legal guardian’s permission to enter.