25th Annual Kaplun Essay Contest
The 25th Annual Kaplun Essay Contest is broken up into two levels:
Level 1 - 7th through 9th graders, need to write an essay: Why is it Important for Me to Maintain a Jewish Identity in a Non-Jewish World?
Level 2 - For 10th through 12th graders, the essay topic is: In View of the Fact that There is Anti-Semitism and Intolerance on So Many College Campuses Today, What Steps Will You Take (When You Get There) to Combat it?
How to enter
1. Essays must be typed, double-spaced and a minimum of 250 words. Level 1 essays may not exceed 1,000 words. Level 2 essays may not exceed 1,500 words.
2. The contestant's name, address, telephone number, email address, school name, grade, and date of birth must appear in the top right-hand corner of the first page. The contestant's name must appear on all subsequent pages.
3. To receive a list of the contest finalists, please enclose a self-addressed stamped envelope along with your essay.
4. Entries must be postmarked by March 4, 2016 and mailed to:
The Morris J. and Betty Kaplun Foundation, Inc.
Essay Contest Committee
P.O. Box 234428
Great Neck, New York 11023
5. No certified or registered letters will be accepted.
6. International entries (non-US, non-Canadian entries only) must be received by March 3, 2014 and may be emailed to: email@example.com
7. Finalists will be notified by May 23, 2016.
8. Prizes will be awarded by June 30, 2016.
9. All entries will become the property of the Foundation and may be reproduced by the Foundation.