2014 Janice M. Scott Memorial Scholarship
The Janice M. Scott Memorial Scholarship Fund has been established to honor Mrs. Scott who was among the 125 individuals who perished in Pentagon during the attacks by terrorists on the morning of September 11, 2001.
There will be three to five $2,500 scholarships awarded. These awards are one time awards.
Janice M. Scott Memorial Scholarship Fund Criteria Sheet (Word document)
Application (Word document)
- US Citizen or permanent resident of US
- GPA of 3.0/equivalent or higher (out of a 4.0 scale)
- High School Senior who will matriculate full-time at a US accredited four-year college or university within the fifty states or District of Columbia starting at the beginning of the fall semester or quarter of 2014.
- Have demonstrated leadership abilities through participating in community services or other extra curricular activities
- Combined adjusted income of the parents cannot exceed $60,000.
The evaluation process of the applications involves four categories.
- Need - 40%
- Academics - 25%
- Community services - 25%
- Writing skill - 10%