James Beard Foundation Scholarship Program
In April of 2015 the guidelines and application form for the 2015 program will be available.
Whether you’re interested in baking, pastry, culinary arts or some other aspect of food or hospitality management, the James Beard Foundation School Scholarships may be for you. Fourteen US and international schools are participating in this culinary scholarship and each program is somewhat different in both the amount of tuition waiver and what programs of study are eligible. Check the Culinary Schools Scholarship list (pdf) for more details.
Selection criteria include academic record, leadership and participation in school and community activities, work experience, statement of career and educational aspirations and goals, unusual personal or family circumstances, financial need, and an outside appraisal. Some awards may require an essay.
Participating Culinary School:
- The Art Institute of Ohio-Cincinnati
- The Art Institute of Phoenix
- The Culinary Institute of America
- The Institute of Culinary Education (ICE)
- International Culinary Center/French Culinary Institute
- Johnson & Wales University
- Le Cordon Bleu – Australia
- Le Cordon Bleu – London
- Le Cordon Bleu – Ottawa
- Le Cordon Bleu – Paris
- The Natural Gourmet Institute for Health and Culinary Arts
- New England Culinary Institute
- Oregon Culinary Institute