Foot Locker Scholar Athletes
The Foot Locker Scholar Athletes program honors high school athletes who engaged in leadership activities in their communities.
Twenty winners of this program will each receive $20,000 in scholarship funding for college. The $20,000 scholarship will be disbursed in four increments of $5,000 over four years.
To compete you need to answer essay questions (between 300 and 500 words each) and obtain one non-family recommendations.
- Be entering college in the Fall of 2016 as a Freshman at a four-year school for an undergraduate degree
- Be currently involved in high school sports, intramural sports, or community-based sports
- Have a minimum GPA of 3.0
- Be a U.S. citizen or permanent legal resident (you will be asked to prove citizenship and age if you win)
- Not be an officer or director of Foot Locker, Inc., or any of its subsidiaries, or a member of the immediate family of such an officer or director
Applicants will be judged based on whether they...
1. Embody good sportsmanship and strong moral character
2. Are passionate and committed to empowering the community in which they live.
3. Are confident and enthusiastic about being a leader. Foot Locker Scholar Athletes aren’t reluctant role models.
4. Are Foot Locker Scholar Athlete material. Foot Locker Scholar Athletes share key attributes:
• Proactive and highly motivated
• Inspiring and charismatic
• Honest and trustworthy
5. Are diverse.