Family Travel Forum Teen Travel Writing Scholarship 2012
The Family Travel Forum is looking for students to blog about family vacations. If your vacation has been exceptionally good, bad or just funny, they want you to share your experience with them.
Family Travel Forum (FTF), a trip-planning resource for family travelers, and the Society of American Travel Writers (SATW), a non-profit organization that promotes responsible journalism and encourages the conservation and preservation of travel resources worldwide, are sponsoring the Family Travel Forum Teen Travel Writing Scholarship to encourage teens to share their travel experiences.
Simply submit a travel blog about where you went and what it meant to you, what worked and what didn't, what you learned from the trip, or how it changed you. Use words, images and video to share your adventure with other travelers.
Your blog will be judged on originality, quality of expression, and a sense of place, as well as in accordance with standard rules of English grammar, mechanics and spelling. A panel of esteemed professional writers and editors from the Society of American Travel Writers will make the final selection of winners.
- You must be in the 8th through 12th grade
- You must be attending school in the United States or Canada, or an American school abroad, or being home-schooled under state guidelines
- You must be between 13 to 18-years of age and currently enrolled in school.
- If you are a high school senior graduating this year your blog is eligible if you submit it on or before June 27, 2012.
- You must sign up for the MyFamilyTravels.com community prior to submitting an essay
- The travel experience you write about must have occurred between the ages of 12-18, and within the last five years