Exposure Film Scholarship
If your video camera is always by your side and you aspire to learn more about the video industry, you should consider the Exposure Film Scholarship. The competition is sponsored by Valiant Pictures a production company that focuses on compelling, memorable storytelling, creating content across all forms of media including commercials, music videos, digital content and feature films.
Your film submission should be three to five minutes long and you need to submit a short story or essay, 3 pages double spaced, expressing your interest, passion, struggles, and/or encounters with film, television, or media.
- Creativity, Innovation, Inspiration/Engagement of Film (50%);
- Originality (25%); and
- Personal Story – Development/Entertainment (25%).
Please read through the terms and conditions. Only current US high school students in good standing are eligible for entry. If applicant is under the age of 18, parental consent is necessary. There is no submission fee.
- Download and complete the digital entry form.
- Write a short story or essay, 3 pages double spaced, expressing your interest, passion, struggles, and/or encounters with film, television, or media. Submission must be made as a .doc or .pdf file.
- Upload a 3-5 minute film, a video of your work, keeping in mind Valiant's ideals of innovative, inspiring, and memorable storytelling. It can be a short film, music video, experimental animation, or what best expresses you. We want to see your creativity. Please note that the video sample must be sent as a link, attached movie files are not accepted.
- Applicants are current active High School students in good standings (defined by School of attendance),
- Who are legal residents in the United States (and other U.S. territories and possessions)
- Who are not members of any union or guild that would have jurisdiction over the
- services to be performed hereunder, including, without limitation, the Writers Guild of America orDirectors Guild of America.
- Entrants who are under the age of eighteen (18) must have full legal parental consent to participate, or otherwise result in disqualification.