The DuPont Challenge Science Essay Competition
The DuPont Challenge© Science Essay Competition encourages students in grades 6 through 12 to express their enthusiasm for science by writing an essay. The essay must be at least 700 words and no more than 1000 words and it must be submitted online. You have a choice of four topic areas for your challenge:
- Together, we can feed the world.
- Together, we can build a secure energy future.
- Together, we can protect people and the environment.
- Together, we can be innovative anywhere.
The DuPont Challenge© Science Essay Competition expects about 10,000 essays and the reward prizes total $100,000, including U.S. Savings Bonds for all of the winners and a special awards trip to Orlando, FL, for the top three students in each division, to be joined by a parent and sponsoring teacher.
They are looking for students who show their passion for science and technology and who are interested in exploring an avenue of science in greater detail.
- Students currently enrolled in grades 6 through 12.
- Students attending public, private, or home schools in the United States, Canada, or their territories.
- Students enrolled in Department of Defense schools, grades 6–12 (see the FAQ for how to enter addresses).
- Previous winners of The DuPont Challenge©.
- Students graduating from high school before 2016 are NOT eligible.