The Christophers Poster Contest for High School Students
High school students in grades 9 through 12 are invited to enter The Christophers Poster Contest for High School Students by creating a poster interpreting the theme One Person Can Make a Difference. Judging will be based on originality, artistic merit and overall effectiveness in conveying the theme. The medium employed can include drawing, painting, collage, photography and computer art.
The poster should convey the idea that an individual human being can make a positive impact on the world. Posters must be the work of one student, and any artwork used must be the original work of the applicant.
• Posters must include the statement “You can make a difference” and illustrate the idea that one person can change the world for the better.
• Each poster must be the work of one student.
• The poster concept and design and any photos or artwork used must be the original work of the student entering.
• Posters must be 15 x 20 inches in size, including border or mat, if used.
• If charcoal, pastels or glitter are used, the poster must be either laminated or covered with clear plastic.
• The following information must be included on the back of the poster: student’s name, mailing address, e-mail (if available), phone number, school, school address, teacher’s name and grade.
- First Prize - $1000
- Second Prize - $500
- Third Prize - $250
- Up to five Honorable Mentions of $100 each
- Must be a student in grades 9 through 12
Winners will be announced in May.