Buick Achievers Scholarship Program
The Buick Achievers Scholarship Program is for talented students that have succeeded both inside and outside of the classroom. They are students who need financial assistance to attend college.
- Be high school seniors or graduates or be current undergraduate students
- Plan to enroll in full-time undergraduate study at an accredited four-year college or university based in the U.S. or Puerto Rico for the entire 2014–15 academic year (excluding proprietary and online schools)
- Plan to major in a specified course of study that focuses on Engineering/Technology or select Design and Business-related programs of study. See the list of eligible majors.
- Be interested in pursuing a career in the automotive or related industries
- Be U.S. citizens and have permanent residence in the United States or Puerto Rico
Scholarship recipients are selected based on the following factors:
* Academic achievement,
* Financial need,
* Participation and leadership in community and school activities, work experience, educational and career goals, and unusual circumstances, and
* Please note special consideration will be given to the following applicants: first-generation college, female, minority, military veteran or a dependent of military personnel.
Recipients will be awarded one scholarship at either of the two award levels:
* 1,000 Buick Achievers Scholarships of $2,000, available for four years and one additional year for those entering a five-year engineering program.
* 100 Buick Achievers National Scholarships of up to $25,000 per year, available for four years, and one additional year for those entering a five-year engineering program. The actual award amount will not exceed the total cost of the student's tuition, fees, books, supplies, required equipment, room and board and other allowable expenses, less other gift aid known at the time of application (scholarships, grants and other awards that do not have to be paid back).