AMVETS National Americanism Poster Contest
AMVETS (or American Veterans) is an organization that assists veterans and sponsors other programs that serve the country and its citizens. The poster contest asks student to create a poster on a selected theme.
The theme for 2014-2015 AMVETS National Americanism Poster Contest is What does freedom look like?
- Students in the 2nd through 5th grade who attend public, private or parochial schools.
- Artistic ability
- Adherence to theme
Other important information:
- All students must address the theme.
- All entries must be free-hand drawings, using pens,pencils, crayons,paint or any combination of these materials. A straight edge may be used as an aid to draw a straight line.
- Gluing pictures or other materials to the surface of the drawing is not permitted.
- The student's description of the poster must be written on the back of the poster in 50 words or less. Descriptions that are firmly attached to the back of the poster will also be accepted.
- Entries must be 9" x 12" using construction paper or poster board.
- All national entries must be postmarked by July 1. Local and state deadlines may vary.
Submission can be sent to Tiffany Hilton, Programs Associate (thilton at amvets.org).